How do I borrow?
Monash students can borrow by presenting your current Monash ID card
and the items you wish to borrow at the Loans Counter. You will not be
able to borrow without your card.
How many items can I borrow, and for how long?
- students may have up to 6 items on loan at any one time
- most books are available for 7 days, but some high demand items may
- other loan periods depend on the type of material
How do I keep track of my loans and recalls?
- use the My Loans button on the catalogue web page to see your loan
record in full.
- register your email with the Library and you will be reminded when
books are due, or informed when recalls are available for pickup
Please note that ultimate responsibility for returning books on time
lies with the user.
What happens if I return an item late?
NOTE: Books must be returned 10 minutes before library closing
time on the due date.
The library provides an after-hours return slot.
If you have an overdue item you will be unable to borrow until it has
been returned and you will also incur fines:
- 50c per item per day.
R10.00 per hour for Reserve items
- if you wish to be reminded when your books are due, register your
email account in person with the library
- you are not required to pay any money unless your fines reach R50.00.
If you reach R50.00 (or more) you must pay the entire amount before
you can borrow again
- if you have reached this limit you will be blocked from borrowing
until your fines have been paid in full
This facility allows registered borrowers to check out circulating books
on their own. It is located next to the loan stations on the ground floor.
Ask a librarian via email email@example.com, or phone +27-11-950-4050